Deadline: December 25, 2010.
The time is now to submit your images, photos, illustrations, compositions, artwork, etc. of the things you and/or others think of when you hear the words, “The Silent Still.”
Anything within reason is allowed. Note: we said “within reason” (please read our posting rules to avoid confusion and embarrassment).
Post images by using the html tag : <img src=”http://your_image_url”> It’s simple as that!
Contest ends December 25th. Winners will be announced on January 1st. What better way to celebrate the New Year’s than being famous. Ok, well we cannot guarantee your fame, but here is what the winners will receive:
- First Place – Ipod shuffle with The Silent Still’s songs on it. Artwork submission used on The Silent Still’s debut album. Credit given in album. Upon release of our debut album, we will autograph the CD and personally mail it to YOU. A picture with the band, even if we have to photoshop you in! Image featured in our media page on the website.
- Second Place – Upon release of our debut album, we will autograph the CD and personally mail it to YOU. Image featured in our media page on the website.
- Runners Up – Image featured in our media page on the website.
Not a requirement, but greatly appreciated, please sign up to our mailing list. You not only will be first to be informed of the declared winners, which could very possibly be you, you will also receive great stuff and music from us every so often.
No one likes the word “rules,” but being cool about it and following them makes it more fun for everyone. It pretty much boils down to: be respectful and don’t be an asshole.
- All images need to be posted at the maximum dimensions of 640×1100. The original artwork needs to be of high-quality and resolution in order to win first place and be featured on The Silent Still’s album (at least 330ppi at 5”x5”).
- The following are allowable mediums: photography, paintings, collages, compositions, illustrations, and sketches.
- You can enter up to 10 submissions into the contest, as long as each one is a unique composition.
- Make sure that any artwork is under your explicit control that you retain copyright to.
- Respect others’ creativity
A few things to avoid:
- Don’t post NSFW (Not Safe For Work) images or links
- Don’t post graphic images or links to graphic content. These are images that would make most viewers feel ill, upset, or uncomfortable, including but not limited to child pornography, alarming images, graphic violence, and torture.
- Don’t post hate speech or images, broken images/links, or illegal content of any kind.
- Don’t abuse the submission queue or troll.
- When in doubt, ask before you post
If particular items aren’t listed above, it still falls under the general “be respectful and don’t be an asshole” rule.
We can’t wait to see what “The Silent Still” means to you! And remember to vote!